Re: Port from CyanogenMod

Hi,

I am not aware of any fully functional port of Ubuntu to the Samsung S3. I tried porting Ubuntu to my S3 around a year ago, but did not succeed. As far as I know, others have succeeded, at least partially. A lot has happened over the past year, it seems, so maybe now is a good time to try again? I don't know.

Anyway, I recommend you take a look at the Ubuntu Porting Guide <https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/phone/devices/porting-new-device/> and this thread <http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2603802> from the XDA-forums. It should give you an idea of the state of things. Then you can decide whether you wish to roll your sleeves up and solve the problem yourself. Good luck!

Regards,
Ari