Re: APN - Aquaris E4.5 OTA-13

On 09/27/2016 01:56 AM, Louis Holbrook wrote:
I've never looked at how APN config works. Thing is, with this provider
("Drillisch") no APN configuration options are really available in the
APN menu. When I tried an Ay Yildiz SIM (Eplus), I got two options
automagically in the APN menu - one for internet and one for MMS. Maybe
that hints to the provider's configuration being broken, or in some
format or whatever that Ubuntu doesn't understand?https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+filebug

I would suggest filing a bug, and adding some screenshots to help us better understand the problem.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+filebug

Also, please provide the operator APN details you were given in the bug.

Operator APN configurations are stored in a file called apns-conf.xml located inside the AOSP container. If your operator is new enough, it's possible that it doesn't have an entry, which is why it's not being provisioned automatically.

The internet connection worked before without having to specify
anything in the APN. (It still "works" although it's has gotten
excruciatingly slow, but that's another story)

That's because ofono use's a default setting internally as a fallback. It's still suggested that you configure an Internet APN with the correct name, as this *may* improve the performance of your data connection.

As Jonas pointed out, none of the other parameters are required for Ubuntu Touch, as we tried to simplify the APN configuration as much as possible.

Regards,
/tony