Re: Xenial (16.04) Status on Touch

Hey LukasZ,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Lukasz Zemczak <
lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> As mentioned by YC already, the most effort right now was to get
> xenial arm64 working on frieza (M10). There was basically no work done
> on the mako or any other platforms so far so it's rather 'expected'
> that staging doesn't work on this platform. Devel-proposed was
> yakkety/zesty based and got developer attention. Devel is very old -
> it was a manual promotion channel from devel-proposed.

Anyway, the consensus: we have no idea of the mako state with xenial,
> I wouldn't really count on it being usable anytime soon (it's a really
> really old device). I did try krillin a few weeks before and it was
> booting, at least, but best bet is to just use frieza.

So given that my only ubuntu capable device is mako (I'm waiting for a new
ubuntu capable phone release), my current options are:

1. use devel img 8 from 2016-02.

2. Use rc-proposed with the latest working img

Then is there any reasonable way of pushing a newer version of qt in any of
them?  I actually only need to be able to import QtLocation 5.5 from the
qml part of my app, to be able to use the here maps plugin.

I found that there is a "Canonical Qt5 Edgers team" with a ppa apparently
used for Qt5 testing purposes... could it be a possible way to explore?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Best Regards,
Felipe.