Re: Introducing Canonical's Ubuntu Crickets

The phones are still officially supported and in stores. You mention a few
bugs that you think are important. I'm not saying they're not important,
but there are many important bugs that must be fixed. Recording 4K video is
nice, but definitely nowhere near my top-ten list of bugs.

We know Ubuntu for phones needs to be ported to Snap and that's going to
take a lot of time, but you should expect many issues to be fixed in the
process. You mention mail notifications, for instance. If that's something
that should be supported on desktops as well, don't you think this might
best be fixed using a snap interface? Well, in that case, how should it be
fixed on phones before phones support snap? Should they make that software
now and just discard it a few months from now? That would be a horrible use
of time.

Foundations are important.