Re: Ssh connection is lost

Hi

On Thu 29-Dec-2016 at 11:36:21AM -0500, Camilo Ernesto Blanco Peña
wrote:

> The SSH connection in terminal is lost when the front app is changed.
> Any suggestion to avoid it? I need to keep the ssh connection alive in
> terminal while I use another app (web browser or other).

My solution is to make the system writable, `apt-get update` and
`apt-get install mosh screen` and the set up sshd so you can ssh to
localhost using key based authentication and then ssh to localhost,
start screen and then use mosh to connect to servers (you need to also
install mosh on the servers).

The result is ssh sessions that survive network connection changes and
even restarting the GUI (but not reboots) and I have had sessions up for
months at a time for things like connections to servers with irssi
running in screen.

The only issue I have had is that End and Home don't work, but Page Up
and Page Down are OK -- anyone have a fix for this?

Also my approach isn't one that would be recommended -- doing the above
in a Debian or Ubuntu chroot would be better, but I have a 8GB Nexus 4
with no SD Card slot and it works very well for me.

All the best

Chris

--
Webarchitects Co-operative