Re: Poor state of support.

I'm 99% sure that we won't have an OTA-15 update. There are a lot of evidences. There is no OTA-15 milestone on Launchpad, the new silos on Bileto are not builded for Vivid (our current base system) anymore, just for Xenial and Zesty. Updating to Xenial/Zesty from Vivid is not possible via an OTA update, because the difference is too big. so maybe a reflash could be a solution, but it wouldn't be an ideal one. There's no phone, which can run a Xenial base system. the QA testers use the tablet for every test. So I think Canonical is thinking about the future of the phone platform and it forbade its employees to talk about the future of the platform. So I think there's a very big chance that they will kill the platform completely (worst case scenerio) or they will start to sale new phones with Xenial base and Snaps in the future, but not this year. And it would mean the end of the support to all previous devices. I think this is the reason why they didn't start to sale the Meizu MX6 phones as well...

________________________________
Feladó: Ubuntu-phone <ubuntu-phone-bounces+robinhero=outlook.hu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, meghatalmazó: Gareth France <gareth.france@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Elküldve: 2017. január 3. 21:20:47
Címzett: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tárgy: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Poor state of support.

On 03/01/17 20:13, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Before thinking in OTA15, you should flash your device to a known good
> state. Have you mounted it to write?
>
> Why do you think, that OTA15 was canceled.
>
>        matthias
Thanks guys, I have discovered the notes I made last time I had to flash
it thankfully. It's going through now. As for known good state these
sort of issues begin to crop up monthly. The OTA always kicked my phone
back into line.

I suggest OTA15 isn't happening because any attempt anyone has made to
ask when it is coming has been deflected. There is no mention of it on
launchpad and people just keep referring to big changes ahead and it
being pointless investing time in a system that is being retired shortly.

If it is happening someone please provide a timescale or at least
confirmation. Not being given any information at all leads to great
frustration.