Re: Ackkk! The world is ending!!!

What i don't get is why so many people are like "now it's official, ubuntu touch is dead, there are no updates planned". It is not, the email did not say that. The email said, that there won't be any big updates to the current release until a snappy is finally here. So Ubuntu Touch is not dead, it's very much alive. It's just that the next big update is going to be snaps, and until they arrive, it does not make sense to fix old bugs, because snapping the os means touching and modifying everything anyways. So some issues resolve themselves, other issues will arise. But the project is not dead!

I think canonical should have been more transparent. Many people are interested, so the press and social media pick up every bit of information they can get. The problem is simply: People don't want to read. They see "There won't be an OTA 15" and think it means there won't be any big update for all eternity. But there will be an update, it is gonna be snaps!

I wish for a canonical press release to shine some light on this matter. Give us the road map. Tell us the plan, tell us how to help. Ubuntu Touch is a project that is at least partly driven by the community, so the community needs to know what direction to dirve in.

Cheers,

NeoTheThird