Re: Ackkk! The world is ending!!!

Hello

> Weird thing now is that we still don't have any official directions
> and timelines

Of course we have timelines now.
As Pat McGowan wrote today [1]
> There are new milestones defined
> on https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image
> <https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image>, you can see
> the main focus is now on Xenial (which is the basis for Ubuntu Core 16
> that we will use), and there are milestones assigned to Ubuntu
> Personal images which also encompasses the work for the Unity8 session
> on classic Ubuntu.
>
> How you can help is an excellent question, we certainly want to
> transition the click apps to snaps hence the earlier message to app
> developers. We will have more stable *test* images soon (for amd64 VMs
> and PC, and arm64 M10, we also have "kiosk" images for dragonboard and
> R-Pi in progress) which should allow us to pick up the pace of the
> transition. There is also the Unity8 session on classic desktop
> available now but it also needs to stabilize.

I agree with you on this:
> Well, I just wanted to highlight that it is really an Ubuntu
> convergence project, which is a parent to Ubuntu personal, desktop,
> IoT and so on. Ubuntu phone got many things done already, and now we
> need the other projects to catch up. This is why I'm not expecting any
> new cool features to my Aquaris E4,5 in the nearest future (if at
> all). I am not concerned about the phone being discarded in terms of
> support, as this is already an aging device.
I also have E4.5 and I'm perfectly fine that it may not be updated to snaps.

-

I don't either get why there is so much hate in the comments section of
omgubuntu website. It doesn't state that the project is dead but a bunch
of people only red the title and went straight into comment section to
"celebrate", scream out their rage etc.

We should fight this misinformation thats floating around.

Cheers,
Filip.