Re: Battery statistics and flashing bricks

El día Monday, January 16, 2017 a las 07:58:15AM -0700, Selene Scriven escribió:

> * Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Is it possible to attach addition wires, in parallel and
> > inline, to attach meters outside the device while using or
> > charging?
> >
> > I think, we need an independent measurement of the energy
> > in/out to understand if the battery firmware or the kernel
> > software is broken.
>
> You mean like this?
>
>   http://toykeeper.net/tmp/phablet/power/exoskeletal-krillin-power.1.jpg

Yes, exactly like this, with meters in addition.

> I have some phones with the batteries removed and replaced by a
> bench power supply with a meter attached in the middle.  What
> I've found is that there isn't just one issue, there are several.
> There are discrepancies between the physical power device and
> what the kernel sees, for example, and between what the kernel
> sees and what the power daemon reports, and between what the
> power daemon reports and what the user can see.

hat I do not understand is the issue my wife sees from time to time: her
device shows 50% or 60% of remaining capacity, for longer time (due to
nearly no use of the device), and within minutes the capacity goes to
zero and the BQ E4.5 is a brick in her pocket. I understand what you
say, Selene, about discrepancies in the layers an error in interpreting
the voltage, but I do no see, how can lead this to 50%-to-0% in a few
minutes. Have you found something, which explains this?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Wo ist der antiimperialistische Schutzwall, wenn man ihn braucht? US-Panzertransport durch ex-DDR"