Re: BQ E4.5 OTA-14: Dekko && account

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:49:47 +0100, Tom Rausner wrote:
> Hi all
>
> On torsdag den 26. januar 2017 23.48.27 CET, Louis Holbrook
> <accounts@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I seem to remember a caveat for this;
>>

>> Coming to think of it, I believe it's been a LONG time since the last
>> update for Dekko. Does anyone know what the plans are for the
>> application? I remember asking about support for POP nearly 2 years ago
>> when I first got my phone, getting told it was a high priority issue,
>> but it's still not there.
>>

> As far as I can see, reading OMGubuntu.uk, dekko is no longer being
> develloped on...
>
> Tom

Please, read the article and not just the title. It says that Dekko is undergoing a major overhaul, moving to snaps and so on. Joey published another article along with the one you mention explaining how to install the latest development version of Dekko (which is great, as far as I can tell after a few hours playing with it).

I agree that the title is misleading. Maybe something like "Dekko Will Get "No Further Updates" on Phone" would have been more appropriate? Because Dekko is getting further updates, only not in the click package format.

Guillaume

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device