Re: Not quite goodbye, but I'm leaving

Am 21.02.2017 um 17:10 schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> El día Tuesday, February 21, 2017 a las 03:47:51PM +0000, Paul Tait escribió:
>
>> I don't think you're alone. I'm thinking about doing the same. I agree the
>> phone has become very unreliable. Constant Unity/Scopes crashing as well as
>> regular OS restarts have made the phone a nightmare to use. The new power
>> manager has also brought back the sudden and inexplicable power drains.

> NAK. Me and my family run three BQ E4.5 OTA-15 devices as the daily
> phone, I since April 2015, my wife for moths and my son now too. All do
> fine, apart of smaller issues (like Dekko not saving sent mail to IMAP
> Sent folder, and the like).
>
> I run my device in addition all days 18 hours as Wifi AP
> to Internet for my FreeBSD netbook and have never problems with
> this. Using web browser for listening audio life streams, reading mail
> and sending with Dekko, Telegram, uNav with OpenStreetMap offline tiles ...
> these are more or less my daily use case.
>
> Overall a fine device!
>
> 	matthias

Although it is bit sad, that the evolution target now is only on snap.
But the finally given explanation for doing so is reasonable fo me.

The BQ 4.5 is running stable as my daily companion since April 2015. No
complaints. I will cling to it and to this list. Hope it will not be too
far away, that a new snap-capable device will be brought up.

--
        Gerd
-ubuntu-linux 16.10 64 bit-