Re: Freedom

El día jueves, abril 06, 2017 a las 12:54:49a. m. +0200, Ed Kapitein escribió:

> Hi Seth,
>
> I love your approach to this!
> If canonical would give us a kernel and drivers for the hardware, we
> could take it from there.
> I would need a X driver ( not mir ), a driver for the sound hardware, a
> driver for the modem ( serial + AT commands ? ) and drivers for the
> other parts.
> ( wifi, usb, bluetooth etc )
> I'd love to start hacking once the hardware drivers are available.
>
> Do you think this is something that is achievable ?

Ed,

There are no OpenSource drivers for the used hardware. That's why the
Ubuntu phone uses an Android kernel to access them.

Before coming to this device and community, I used another mobile, the
GTA-02 running a Linux. Maybe it's time to go back to this now and see
how far they get: http://www.tinkerphones.org/

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Aus "Nie wieder Krieg!" wurde "Nie wieder Krieg ohne Deutschlands Truppen"