Re: mailing lists (was: Re: Any upcoming "new" supported devices?)

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 at 18:08, Florian Leeber <flori@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 13.06.2019 um 22:02 schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> > Said this, and seeing that the UBports core team is unwilling to change
> > its mind re/ mailing lists, I will (and all can) use just this list
> here, at
> > least as long as it is functional. The audience seems to be around 2957
>
> We are not unwilling to change our mindset, we need to be a bit
> opportunistic with what is working and whats not. If there are 2957
> people on the Canonical mailing list, why there are not more posts, I
> ask you? For sure there is an overlap in users, so that people that use
> Telegram/Forums are also subscribed here. The question remains, why is
> nobody using this mailing list and the 3 other lists we set up in
> https://list.ubports.com/mailman/listinfo ? Our list server is dead
> since beginning... You can advertise this list or ours, but I dont think
> you will have much response.

I think we should shut this list down. It's been 2 years since we handed
Ubuntu Phone over to UBPorts. They've been great stewards of the project,
and I wish them well, but it's misplaced to continue using this list.

Alan Pope
Developer Advocate

Canonical - Data Center Development
+44 (0) 7973 620 164