ubuntu-push-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Device ID

On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 14:33 -0300, Lucio Torre wrote:
> Today i learned that we dont have a device id anywhere in our stack.
> This means that we need to either have the push daemon create a device
> id when talking to the service or pass the list of channels it wants
> to listen to. If not, we will end up having devices without the app
> installed consuming messages for devices with the app.

We discussed it on IRC, but just so folks on the list have context,
Whoopsie generates a device ID that we use to track reports in
http://errors.ubuntu.com  This is it's interface for those who need it.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ev/whoopsie-preferences/trunk/view/head:/src/whoopsie-preferences.xml

Ted