ubuntu-push-devs team mailing list archive

Re: status?

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Lucio Torre <lucio.torre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> The basic that needs to happen is:
> Any service ---(https)---> Push server (json) ----(not relevant)---> push
> daemon (json)  ----(json by dbus)---> whatever app

And how much of this is under my control, as the developer of WhateverApp?
Do I author my own Push server to poll Any service however I like? Or is
Push server centrally controlled with app developers only having a minimal
level of influence over what it does?

Because in the former case, you're describing a system in which there's one
central server that will run any arbitrary app developers' code, which is
gonna require a really good sandboxing story (man, I thought sandboxing
phone apps was important, imaging a security hole in a push server that
allows some app writer to harvest all ubuntu touch user's data and push it
to himself!)