ubuntu-s390x team mailing list archive

Re: Preseeding s390-dasd is now available

Hi Mike,
sorry for the delayed response, but there is a bank holiday this week here
(and for some also a bridge day) ...
The first thing that I see is that you must not prefix the boot parameters
with "d-i", this is only req. in the preseed file itself.
Apart from that it doesn't look to bad, but review the network settings
again - DHCP or manually ?

locale=en_US
auto=true
priority=critical
url=http://10.1.116.227/config/ubuntu.cfg
s390-netdevice/choose_networktype=qeth
s390-netdevice/qeth/layer2=true
s390-netdevice/qeth/port=0
s390-netdevice/qeth/choose=0.0.0350-0.0.0351-0.0.0352
netcfg/get_hostname=myhostname
netcfg/get_domain=example.com
apt-setup/proposed=true
s390-dasd/dasd=0.0.0151
s390-dasd/auto_format boolean true

In case you want to manually set the network, you need also:
netcfg/use_autoconfig=false
netcfg/disable_dhcp=true
netcfg/get_ipaddress=
netcfg/get_netmask=