ubuntu-s390x team mailing list archive

Re: Preseeding s390-dasd is now available

Frank,

Thanks for the reply – no worries on the delay – I have no expectations.

I deleted the leading ‘d-i’s – same result with this PARMFILE:

locale=en_US auto=true priority=critical
url=http://51.16.116.227/config/ubuntu.cfg
netcfg/get_hostname=cdlengubu06
netcfg/get_domain=es.ad.adp.com
s390-netdevice/choose_networktype=qeth
s390-netdevice/qeth/layer2=true
s390-netdevice/qeth/port=0
s390-netdevice/qeth/choose=0.0.0350-0.0.0351-0.0.0352
apt-setup/proposed=true
s390-dasd/dasd=0.0.0151
s390-dasd/auto_format boolean true

Yes, DHCP.  When I get the question about passwords, the system-in-memory already has an IP address.

This time I continued, gave the password, SSHed in and left the installer to a shell.  I look in /var/log/syslog and see some interesting info – the preseed file is being read and there is at least one issue with it:

May 27 10:16:35 preseed: successfully loaded preseed file from http://10.1.116.227/config/ubuntu.cfg
May 27 10:16:35 main-menu[203]: (process:376): expr: warning: '^.*\[[:a-fA-F0-9]*\]': using '^' as the first character
May 27 10:16:35 main-menu[203]: (process:376): of a basic regular expression is not portable; it is ignored

This is good to know.  So I will continue plugging …

Thanks for your help.

    -Mike