ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu tablet

I think for all ARM devices at least until Ubuntu 12.04 comes out only have
Linux/ubuntu running
in a CHROOT of Android.

I have Ubuntu installed this way on my cell phone & on my Nook Color tablet
which are both ARM
based but so far I don't think I know of any direct install of linux to
completely replace Android on
an ARM tablet.

I think this is going to change with Ubuntu 12.04 because of all the ARM
work
Canonical has been doing for Ubuntu.   I know they are targeting OMAP4 cpu
machines and
have said tablets with the Tegra2 cpu will be supported.

Brian