ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu tablet

Is there data on tablet adoption rates that could show which to focus on
and which have a common  cpu/gpu etc.

I think the important focus is that its about "time to market".    Who can
get something that is BOTH user friendly and inexpensive etc.

iPad has #1 but apple is a bit of a closed universe in hw & sw choice and
because of that the Apple's ipad is very user friendly but it is
pricey.
Their margin can erode with introduction of alternatives that offer similar
capabilities/services but at a cheaper price per unit.

I like the Barnes & Noble Nook Color tablet but Samsung's Galaxy & the ASUS
tablets are very nice too.