ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu tablet

Ok working with any hardware company is a big step. For me the tablet need that cross between a casual tablet like and Android or Ipad. download apps and that almost touch pad OS like Ubuntu with u-touch. IMO that sells. we need to get app companies to port their stuff onto linux.

________________________________
 From: brian mullan <bmullan.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ubuntu-tablet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 2:27:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-tablet] Ubuntu tablet

Is there data on tablet adoption rates that could show which to focus on and which have a common  cpu/gpu etc.

I think the important focus is that its about "time to market".    Who can get something that is BOTH user friendly and inexpensive etc.

iPad has #1 but apple is a bit of a closed universe in hw & sw choice and because of that the Apple's ipad is very user friendly but it is pricey.
Their margin can erode with introduction of alternatives that offer similar capabilities/services but at a cheaper price per unit.

I like the Barnes & Noble Nook Color tablet but Samsung's Galaxy & the ASUS tablets are very nice too.

What in particular makes the new Prime less than ideal? It's got a