ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: We could do better on on-screen keyboards..

I agree on some of your points, but then again, the OP has stated that
a better on-screen keyboard is a must have for Ubuntu on any
touchscreen.

Currently, all of the on-screen keyboard utilities are aimed at a11y
folks, which is fine, but what we need is an on-demand keyboard that
always runs in the background, automatically pops up when focus is
placed on a text field, then automatically dismisses itself when that
focus is lost.