ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Gestures based on accelerometer/gyros

Yes, I agree on that, it is much easier to imagine such gestures with the phone. Nokia's only current Linux phone, the N9 does that silencing stuff as well.

For tablet, for example switching virtual screen by tapping the tablet sides is kinda fun. I could also imagine if I'd but it face down on a table it could go to sleep.

Thing I'm most concerned is the rude fact that this _must be fixed in the kernel, current situation is that you have to do device detection in user space, and attach to wildly different api:s. The nice ones have human readable stuff over sysfs, others are binary..... So this has to be rationalized.

Other fact is that "phone people" are the ones with the dough, at least for the moment. That might create some pull.

//HS