ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~vthompson/music-app/fix-1515067 into lp:music-app

Review: Needs Information

Thanks for the quick response, Victor!

The changes look good to me. But I don't know that much about the backend semantics, so I added Facundo to the review. Facundo, could you let us know please? We are trying to avoid hitting the server twice for each album in order to get artist art.

What are the semantics of setting only the artist, but not the album?

If I set both, such as "Beatles/Revolver" for one request, and then "Beatles/Help!", is it possible that different artist art would be returned? But maybe the question is academic because the music app does not have the concept of "different artist art depending on the album"...

If the album is needed for disambiguation, no problem. Victor, in that case, I'd just modify the change to always send a single request that specifies both album and artist, and not send the request with the empty album.

The point is to avoid hitting the server twice when once is enough.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~vthompson/music-app/fix-1515067/+merge/277306
Your team Music App Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~vthompson/music-app/fix-1515067 into lp:music-app.