Re: Autopilot Emulator for ubuntu sdk apps is now a part of the sdk!

John, let's answer your questions.

The emulator is intended as a way of making it easier for you to write a test, as well as provide the best practices for doing so. For example, everyone (almost) in the core apps has a toolbar. How should I open and close it? How about tabs, how do I cycle through those? Using the emulator gives you a easy function to call to help you out, and prevents all the tests from doing it there own way, or worse, copying code everywhere ;-)

Running the tests, and seeing the emulator is the same as any test. autopilot run ..... And there is no difference visually running a test using the emulator vs not. It's about making your test easier to understand, cleaner to maintain, and faster to write.

Nicholas