Re: Issues with Qt Organizer in the Calendar app

Hi guys,

As we discussed today during the calendar app meeting, we decided to use
the new EDS backend instead of keep trying the unmaintained jsondb.

To you guys that want to start to play with that. I have created a package
on sdk ppa[1] (The official package will be in the image soon). The plugin
is in a very early stage, but you will be able to create/remove/edit basic
events. (Recurrence is not fully working).

To try this, make sure that you have the last qtpim5 version
(5.0~git20130723-0ubuntu1)  then  you can try the qtpim example code[2],
you will need to replace the edit the  qmlorganizerlistview.qml file on
line 151 and replace from " manager: "memory" " to " manager: "eds" ".

Good luck

OBS: This plugin is only one week old, you will probably find  some bugs.
Please fell free to report then on the lp project page[3]

[1]
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-sdk-team/+archive/ppa/+sourcepub/3428324/+listing-archive-extra
[2]
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtpim/trees/master/examples/organizer/qmlorganizerlistview