Qt5.1 Testing - Attention Core Apps developers

Hi,

As discussed at the last vUDS [1], we're looking to move to Qt5.1 on
Ubuntu Touch. As part of that we need to test all our apps on the
devices with the new Qt5.1 stack installed. I wanted to give you a
heads-up before you start seeing unreproducible bugs appearing filed
against your apps!

We're tracking qt5.1 specific bugs in launchpad [2] with the qt5.1
tag. We'll be testing all the Core Apps under Qt5.1. If you have a
device and would like to confirm them then you can install the latest
stack by adding the "qt5-beta-proper" PPA [3] on the device and update
in the usual way:-

adb shell
add-apt-repository ppa:canonical-qt5-edgers/qt5-beta-proper
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

We'd obviously always appreciate additional testing. So feel free to
update, test and discuss issues here, on irc in #ubuntu-touch or
#ubuntu-app-devel, or file bugs [1] where appropriate. We have various
devices on qt5.1 and the previous release so can do direct comparisons
where needed.

Many thanks,
Al.

[1] http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1308/meeting/21934/client-1308-qt51/