Re: Upcoming UI Toolkit Panel/Toolbar API changes

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Tim Peeters <tim.peeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to make you aware of some upcoming changes to the API and
> behavior of the Panel and Toolbar in the Ubuntu UI Toolkit, related to
> opening and closing the panel/toolbar.
>
> First, I like to point out that for applications using MainView with Pages
> (the recommended app structure), that opening and closing of the toolbar is
> handled by the UITK. The current behavior (hidden by default, swipe in by
> user to show it) is not ideal, but we are working together with design to
> improve the default behavior. Apps that still need to override this
> behavior are recommended to set the Page.tools.opened property of the
> currently active page to force the toolbar to open/close. Apps that follow
> these recommendations are not affected by the changes below.
>
> These changes were made recently in the UITK:
> * ADDED IN Panel: function open()
> * ADDED IN Panel: function closed()
> * DEPRECATED IN Panel: writable property opened. Will be made read-only.

So will the toolbar be open & locked by default on the desktop? Currently
in each page's tools, I set opened and locked based on wideAspect. Will
something similar be included by default?

Thank you,
--
Michael Spencer | sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own
understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy
paths.
- Proverbs 3:5-6