Re: Upcoming UI Toolkit Panel/Toolbar API changes

Hello!

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:11 AM, Tim Peeters <tim.peeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote

> Also please check your app's autopilot tests for assumptions on whether
> the toolbar/panel is opened/closed by default and how it responds
> (opens/closes) to user interaction, because this behavior will be changed
> and then the tests will break. I will also check the apps autopilot tests
> myself, but if you do have tests that assume certain behavior and you do
> not know how to get rid of these assumptions please contact me and we will
> ensure the tests do not break when the toolbar behavior is updated.

The autopilot tests should almost never assume that the toolbar is opened.
If you are using the emulator, before accessing a button on the toolbar you
should always call the open method. If the toolbar is already opened, it
just won't do anything. That way, no changes from the toolbar behaviour
should make the tests fail, everything will just need to be updated on the
emulator.

pura vida.