Re: [RSS-Reader] Let's get it done

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Joey Chan <qqworini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> We already made a good progress on RSS Reader, most of the main features
> are landed.

Thanks Joey, indeed, you guys have been doing a rocking job.

> Here's a list of what we are doing and gonna do:
>
> In progress:
> 1. drag-&-drop and swipe-remove for feed items (Joey)

For swipe-remove, I'd recommend looking and trying to reuse the component
the music app guys created, so that we share the code:

*
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~music-app-dev/music-app/trunk/view/head:/common/SwipeDelete.qml
*

> 2. article reading options[1] (Roman)

3. U1DB for setting (Roman)

4. article share (Andrew Starr-Bochicchio)

We'll drop the article sharing feature for 13.10, as per the latest
comments on the merge proposal:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1219301

> 5. dynamic load in gridview (Joey)

Nice to see the branch for this one already, good work :)

> To do:
> 1. Saved article [2]
>     1.1 multi-selection in gridview
>     1.2 multi-selection in listview
>     1.3 Removing articles from Saved
>     1.4 Saved tab empty state
> 2. Listview [3]
>     2.1 Subheader behaviour topic view
>     2.2 Collapsing the subheader topic view
> 3. offline Image[4]

I think due to the the complexity of this feature, we'll need to drop it
from 13.10.

For reference and suggestions on the implementation, there is a very useful
thread here:

https://plus.google.com/113051860352311525753/posts/hoVFfRwY3r7

Just look at where Stuart Langridge's comments start.

> 4. notification bar

What's this one?

Cheers,
David.