Re: [Ubuntu-phone] [Clock] Clock App Reboot

Hey, allow me to chime in to answer some of your questions:

1. In the designs, it shows the behavior for the bottom edge, namely, to
switch to the alarms view quickly. See the design blog for these new bottom
edge design patterns. [1]

2. Per the latest design patterns, there is no longer a toolbar/footer.

3. I agree that the analog version is not as helpful as it could be.
Perhaps default to digital, or, if analog is a part of the suru feel, add
in the necessary markers to be able to accurately read the clock. This
latter option wouldn't really fix the smaller world clocks, however.

4. I agree, however, I would like to ask if it will be a toolkit thing or
an application thing? Or some mix? Will I be able to say "hey, I want a
crease here" to the toolkit or will I have to eyeball it and implement it
in the background myself? As well, it would be nice to see more official
examples of these design patterns to be able to extrapolate further. I know
everyone is working very hard at Canonical trying to nail these things
down, but we've never had a strong design pattern to follow yet... And we
started to see some things that felt like they fit in properly with the old
patterns and now we have the new patterns.... And even more refined
versions of those new patterns in these clock designs now too.

I'm not sure that that is really an issue yet, but with RTM coming up soon,
the app situation is bound to be all over the place design-wise. I'd love
to see some of the other designs hidden away so we could start
extrapolating patterns and getting community designs out for other
applications to get them more in line to a coherent platform.

[1] Loving the Bottom Edge (
http://design.canonical.com/2014/03/loving-the-bottom-edge/ )