Re: Dekko builds now available in the core apps PPA

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 10:27 AM, David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With the help of Dan, we now have daily .deb builds of Dekko on the core
> apps PPA for vivid and wily. This should help testing it and the rest of
> core apps on a desktop environment during the transition to Unity 8 and
> snaps. To install it:
>
>     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-touch-coreapps-drivers/daily
>     sudo apt update
>     sudo apt install dekko
>
> Enjoy!
>
> By the way, slightly off topic, but I've been using the Terminal app on my
> desktop as my main terminal for a while. After the last update on the PPA
> it no longer works: it merely shows a pink background - has anyone else
> experienced this?

Nevermind, I found the issue: it seems it's this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1431427

In short, I was using the latest terminal build from a daily recipe on my
personal PPA, where I've been building the latest branches of core apps, as
some of them needed fixing in the PPA (right now, except for Clock,
Terminal and Weather, they should all have the latest versions in the core
apps PPA). When I added the core apps PPA, I was then hit by bug #1431427.

Cheers,
David.