Re: Dekko builds now available in the core apps PPA

Hi David,

Le 07/07/2015 11:14, David Planella a écrit :
On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Michel Renon <michel.renon@xxxxxxx
<mailto:michel.renon@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    [...]

    To test that, I created a vm with latest wily image.
    Then executed the above commands.

    When starting dekko, there are some missing dependencies [1].
    Do we have to install them manually ?
    What are the associated packages ?

Hi Michel,

I'm not on wily yet, so other than making sure there is a build there
for testing purposes, I've not used it yet (I'm using the vivid package,
which works fine for me).

When you say there are some missing dependencies, could you explain
exactly what you did and where and which error messages were shown?

Here it is (on wily) :

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-touch-coreapps-drivers/daily
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install dekko
$ dekko
file:///usr/share/dekko.dekkoproject/qml/main.qml:22:1: module "Ubuntu.PushNotifications" is not installed
   import Ubuntu.PushNotifications 0.1
   ^
file:///usr/share/dekko.dekkoproject/qml/main.qml:23:1: module "Ubuntu.Connectivity" is not installed
   import Ubuntu.Connectivity 0.1
   ^
file:///usr/share/dekko.dekkoproject/qml/main.qml:26:1: module "Ubuntu.Content" is not installed
   import Ubuntu.Content 0.1
   ^

(these 3 messages are repeated 2x)

    Second question :
    I can't install other core apps :
    packages ubuntu-weather-app, ubuntu-clock-app and others [2] are
    unknown.
    I couldn't find an up to date version of that list.
    Do package name have changed ? Or a bad install of ppa in my vm ?

Dekko is the only core app that has wily builds, as we are trying to
resolve some issues with the Jenkins core apps instance (which creates
the daily packages) for vivid and beyond.

So I installed another vm with vivid and everything is ok :
I could install and use dekko and calendar-app :-)

Currently, is it the only way to test/work on convergence for apps ?

Thanks for your help,

Michel