FileManager performance

Hi all

Funny obervation - my cloud storage client (YaD) is working faster than
local file manager. I filmed it:
https://yadi.sk/i/Znsn5baRriDtD
<https://vk.com/away.php?to=https%3A%2F%2Fyadi.sk%2Fi%2FZnsn5baRriDtD>
I open folder with big amount of files via File Manager, then switch to my
app, reload folder (equivalent to navigation to it), wait when it is done,

Both folders contain nearly the same amount of files (local folder
"Previews" contain tiny previews of pictures stored in my cloud storage).

My question is - *why*? File Manager gets information directly from local
file system, while cloud storage client must send network request, receive
result, parse JSON. Moreover, File Manager displays static icon for all
files, but my client is uses real thumbnails.

BR,
Roman.

Follow ups