Re: Changing team name

El dl 08 de 06 de 2009 a les 22:45 +0200, en/na David Planella va
escriure:
> El dl 08 de 06 de 2009 a les 23:35 +0300, en/na Adi Roiban va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can we change the team name to "ubuntu-translations-coordinators" ?
> >
> > I think "coordinators" is more suitable as it denotes a group of
> > people :)
>
> +1 (I was actually thinking the same thing today)
>

> > Also maybe we can use a common naming converion for similar Launchpad
> > and Ubuntu groups :D ... now we have "launchpad leaders" and "ubuntu
> > coordinator"
> >

> Yes, I think it makes sense to have some consistent naming convention
> and to have some parallelism in the way Ubuntu Translations and
> Launchpad Translations (meaning upstream translations in LP) are
> structured. That said, I'm not sure whether we can use the name
> "Launchpad Translations Coordinators", since Launchpad Translations is
> the name of the software, and therefore such team name might be
> misleading. Any other ideas, thoughts...?
>
> > It's not big deal and not a top priority :)
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Regards,
> David.

Hi,

I've investigated this a bit more and I've found out that it is possible
to change the team name even if it's got a mailing list.

Here are the details:

While we are at it, I think it would make sense to have some consistency
in the naming of the Launchpad translation coordination team and mirror
the nomenclature of the Ubuntu translations coordination resources.

Here's what it looks like at the moment:

                        Ubuntu                                              Launchpad

Coordination team name  Ubuntu Translation Coordinators                     Launchpad Translators Coordination Team
Coordination team URL   ubuntu-translation-coordinator                      launchpad-translators-leaders
Coordination team ML    ubuntu-translation-coordinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  launchpad-translators-leaders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

== Proposal ==

I'd like to change:

1) the 'ubuntu-translation-coordinator' team name to
'ubuntu-translations-coordinators' and the ML name and archive
accordingly.
2) 'launchpad-translators-leaders' to
'launchpad-translations-coordinators' and the ML name and archive
accordingly.

After the proposed change, the team names would look like this:
                        Ubuntu
Launchpad

Coordination team name  Ubuntu Translations Coordinators                     Launchpad Translations Coordinators
Coordination team URL   ubuntu-translations-coordinators                     launchpad-translations-coordinators
Coordination team ML    ubuntu-translations-coordinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  launchpad-translations-coordinators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have got no objections, I'll proceed with the change.

If we do this, we should also update any place in which those mailing
list addresses are mentioned (e.g.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TranslatingUbuntu/Contact)

Comments? +1/-1? Other suggestions?

Regards,