Re: Trying to understand

Adi Roiban wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have approved the empathy.pot file, and since it's going to replace
> Pidgin a set it with priority 170.
>
> Let me know if I should change the priority.
>
> empathy-help.pot should be blocked (I think I already did that).
>
> Milo, don't worry about .po files, they will be approved or blocked
> toghether with the corresponding .POT files
> When analyzint the import queue, only hunt POT files.

well, if a particular language has not been approved or fails to import,
like bn_IN in this case, it is worth to investigate why and to fix it.
With the next upload everything should be fine again.

If the help templates have been blocked, but the .po files still appear
in the Needs Review queue, then it's a bug in Rosetta. The .po files
should also move into "blocked" state.

> We should add the missing languages in Launchpad and  they should be
> automaticaly imported at the next upload.
>
> Cheers,
> Adi
> În data de Jo, 16-07-2009 la 16:37 +0200, Milo Casagrande a scris:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to understand a little bit what should be done with files
>> that needs review.
>>
>> I was looking at Empathy queue:
>>
>> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/empathy/+imports?field.filter_status=NEEDS_REVIEW&field.filter_extension=all
>>
>> A couple of those items are normal GUI PO files, but the majority are
>> from help translations. Should we proceed and block those files as we
>> find them? Should we hunt them down? Should we not look at them at
>> all?
>>
>> In this particular case, the bn_IN GUI PO file, the Bengali Indian,
>> cannot be imported because Launchpad doesn't know the plural form for
>> that language. How should we proceed? Contact the Bengali Indian team
>> (if it exists) and see what can be done? BTW, the GNOME Bengali PO
>> file uses the plural form "nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1)" and event the
>> CLDR [1] data report that.

I would suggest to file a question to the Rosetta team and ask to update
the plural forms entry in LP.

>> Ciao.
>>
>> [1] http://www.unicode.org/cldr/data/charts/supplemental/language_plural_rules.html

Cheers