Re: Launchpad translation tarball export times

În data de Jo, 05-11-2009 la 00:02 +0800, Arne Goetje a scris:
> Danilo Šegan wrote:
> > Hi Arne,
> >
> > У сре, 04. 11 2009. у 00:15 +0800, Arne Goetje пише:
> >
> >> it's time again to shuffle the Launchpad translation tarball export
> >> times for our language-packs.
> >>
> >> The current ones (all @ 22:00 UTC) are:
> >>
> >> Monday: Jaunty
> >> Wednesday: Karmic
> >> Thursday: Hardy
> >> Friday: Intrepid
> >> Saturday: Karmic
> >>
> >> The actual development release (Lucid) should have exports twice per
> >> week, stable releases once per week.
> >>
> >> My proposal would be:
> >>  1. drop Intrepid, since I don't think many people are still running it
> >> and would be therefor able to test the language-packs
> >>  2. Friday: Karmic
> >>  3. Wednesday and Saturday: Lucid
> >>
> >> What do you guys think?
> >
> > I am fine with set up.  Is there still any reason to produce Hardy
> > language packs as well?  Can we not do them on request?
> >
> > It'd not that they are a problem, but if we don't need them, we can
> > spare a few resources as well :)
> >

> Right...
> so, comments please.
>
> Proposal no.2:
> Drop all automatic tarball exports and lang-pack updates for Hardy,
> Intrepid and Jaunty and generate them manually on request.
>
> Danilo: I guess we would need to ping you when we want to have a manual
> export, right? Or is there a way in the UI where we can do that?

For me it makes sense to have only manual updates for Hardy and
Intrepid.

Now that we have message sharing between Karmic and Jaunty maybe we
should look at the progress in Jaunty. If we have a lot of changes in
Jaunty it would make sense to have monthly updates (to not stress the
servers and users).

Cheers!

--
Adi Roiban