Re: No team to manage Ubuntu translations to Icelandic

On 01/04/2010 08:17 PM, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> 2009/12/26 Sveinn í Felli <sveinki@xxxxxxx>:
>> For some time I (and probably others) haven't been able to
>> translate via LP. Entering the page for icelandic
>> tranlation, e.g. Karmic,
>> <https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+lang/is>
>> I get this text;
>>
>> Actually there's an Icelandic team;
>> Ubuntu Icelandic Translators:
>> <https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-is>
>>
>> Are there some administrative steps left to qualify this
>> team as management group for Icelandic?
>
> There is no team for Icelandic appointed to the Ubuntu Translators
> group in Launchpad.
>
> Your team is moderated and I think it would not be a problem to add
> it. Just a couple of questions:
> - do you have a wiki page with some kind of guidelines for translators
> that you can link to the Launchpad page?
> - are you or the team maintaining upstream relations?

Hi, yes the ubuntu-l10n-is team is sort of established by
Tryggvi Björgvinsson (CC-ing), and already present on board
are translators/coordinators involved in icelandic upstream
translations (e.g. Anna Jonna = GNOME and myself = KDE +
OpenOffice + anything involving graphics).
There is a bunch of active translators for Icelandic, most
of which are not registered as team members.

We don't have a special wiki-page dedicated to Launchpad
translations, but I'm sure we could put up one quickly if
needed. Actually it's an good idea to have one...

Best regards,

Sveinn í Felli