Re: Dari Persian Translators

El ds 23 de 01 de 2010 a les 09:04 +0200, en/na Adi Roiban va escriure:
> În data de Sb, 23-01-2010 la 10:54 +0430, Sadeq Zabihi Gmail a scris:
> > Dear Sir;
> >
> > It is a long time that our team in working in Ubuntu translation
> > project, but we are interested to start a translation group for our
> > team. If it is possible for you, we need a little guide for making it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sadeq Zabihi
> > Herat-Afghanistan
> > Hubuntu-af.org
>
> Hi Sadeq,
>
> First of all I want to thank you for all your support!
>
> On the following page you should find all required information for
> starting a new Ubuntu Translation team:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/KnowledgeBase/StartingTeam
>
> My main concern regarding Dari is the language code from Launchpad.
>
> Right now in Launchpad, Dari is recorded as fa_AF
> https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/+languages/fa_AF
>
> Dari is not part of ISO 639-2 and in ISO 639-3 it is recorded as "prs".
>
> I suggest ubuntu-l10n-prs as team name for Ubuntu Dari translators.

Having had a quick look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language
and http://www.ethnologue.com/14/show_language.asp?code=PRS it looks
like that there are ISO 639-1, -2 and -3 codes for Dari Persian, so it
seems that the Launchpad entry as fa_AF would be correct (I assume it
might be the same situation as with pt and pt_BR)

Apart from that, the guide for starting a new team is the one Adi was
pointing out on his last message.

Sadeq, do you think you could you tell us more about the Dari Persian
language code?

Thanks!

Regards,
David.