Re: Fwd: Draft of the language pack release schedule for Oneiric for review

Hello Matthew,

Matthew East [2011-10-25 22:40 +0100]:
> Just by way of a gentle protest, can I complain that the language pack
> was gone ahead with today ahead of schedule

For the record, the gettext export was started yesterday. As Kenneth
wanted the new packs this week still, we needed to do this, otherwise
the whole thing would probably have been a post-UDS thing.

> But it's still a bit annoying as I have wanted to do an ubuntu-docs
> upload this time around to fix some bugs as well as translations,
> and these will now have to wait 4 weeks.

No, you can still do this. ubuntu-docs produces "static translations",
i. e. translated XML files and the like, not gettext .po files. These
are downloaded straight from Launchpad by langpack-o-matic, not
through the exported langpack tarballs. So if they land today or
tomorrow they will be included.

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion!

Martin