Re: Google + page for Ubuntu translations

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 14:41, David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ubuntu Translations portal
> --------------------------
>
> * Administration: deal with Canonical IS to install plugins/updates and
> theme updates, set up plugins, set up internal Drupal settings, etc.
> * Maintenance: once set up, keep blog post flowing. In the future,
> expand the site with more resources and make it translatable (it is
> already, but need to come up with a plan to integrate it with Launchpad).
>
> I'd like to work on this this cycle, and I do need help on this one. So
> anyone with Drupal or web skills (sysadmin, html, php, css, etc), feel
> free to chip in!
>
> The same for anyone wanting to help with content rather than the
> technical side (e.g. porting documentation from the wiki, writing
> articles/blog posts, etc.).

As we discussed at UDS, I'm happy to help out with the portal during
this cycle. We already have some action items, and I think we can
start from those.

> Facebook
> --------
>
> * Administration: set up the picture and the group description. It was
> just a one-off
> * Maintenance: keep posts flowing! :) Upload pictures and videos
>
> I could do with some help with people wanting to post from the account,
> so I'd be happy to make anyone on this list an admin.

I'm not that great Facebook user I have to say... more and more I'm
using Google+, and I'm more than happy with Kenneth on tha admin side
now, if in the future he needs help there, I'm happy to give an hand.

> What would be really cool
> -------------------------
>
> To automate sending Ubuntu Translations-related announcements/posts to
> all of our social network channels automatically.
>
> Right now, I can do this to some extent with Gwibber, but it only works
> for sending the same message at once to twitter and identi.ca.
>
> So any ideas welcome here!

I think we discussed a little bit about this during UDS, even if it
was for aggregating all of these inside the web portal. I know that
"posterous" and "tumblr" (social blog platform) do something like
this: you write your own blog post, and you can send it to twitter and
whatever else... I think you can write small 140-chars messages that
will be automatically shared. Do not know if something like that could
be integrated inside Drupal or if it is worth to consider using
something like that. Just ideas.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>