Re: Sharing with open permission

Al 25/11/11 10:12, En/na Andrej Znidarsic ha escrit:
> I fully agree with you.
> In fact I think it might be wise to somehow get (if this is
> technically possible within Launchpad) a list of all projects, which
> use open as translation permission and contact at least the ones,
> which are more visible in Ubuntu.

That's also a good idea.

Looking at the Launchpad API, it seems that this information can be
queried through the API:

https://launchpad.net/+apidoc/devel.html#project (translationpermission)

So In order to do that, we'd need to:

1) Write a simple Launchpad API script that:
- Returns a list of all projects in Launchpad with translations enabled
- From that list, filter the projects that have got Open translation
permissions
- Get the project name and the e-mail of the maintainer

2) Write an e-mail template explaining the benefits of *not* using Open
translation permissions

3) Send the e-mail to all project maintainers or to a selected set we decide

Before doing that, though, we should double-check with the Launchpad
team if it's ok to mail project maintainers, or at least let the LP team
know well beforehand.

Anyone up for it?

Cheers,
David.

P.S. That would help us with current projects, but I think the best
solution going forward is to fix the bug to set the default permissions
to something else than Open.