Re: Aiming to open translations tomorrow

Al 21/06/12 21:02, En/na Andrej Znidarsic ha escrit:
> Hi!
>
> It's great translations are already imported but I would like to suggest
> we do a couple of things before opening the translations to public (we
> are in no rush as we are still quite away from the string freeze):

Hi all,

I'm going on holiday for the next 10 days (coming back on the 5th July),
and while I would have liked to wrap up translations opening before I
go, I had been thinking about it and I agree that we need to address the
points Andrej is mentioning.

So let's aim opening translations and generating Q language packs by the
9th of July.

>   * Clear up the import queue or at least look for and approve more
>     visible packages

Would someone from the ubuntu-translations-coordinators team be able to
help and start looking at this?

That's
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/+imports?field.filter_status=NEEDS_REVIEW&field.filter_extension=pot

>   * determine which gcc will be default for quantal, remove the others
>     and rename template to gcc (without a number) so message sharing
>     will work among different versions

Andrej, would you be able to look into this one? I'd suggest talking to
Matthias Klose (doko) as the GCC maintainer.

>   * Set priorities for templates which currently have priority of 0
>     (plus all the others that will appear after we clear up the import
>     queue).

It seems Gabor is already on it, thanks!

In addition to that, we will need to:

- Redefine the language packs schedule [1] to include Q language packs
and drop Oneiric
- Request Launchpad admins to apply these changes
- Start langpack-o-matic cron job to generate Q language packs

I can look into these 3 when I get back, but if someone wants to help on
them in the meantime, that'd also be very welcome.

Thanks.

Cheers,
David.

[1] https://dev.launchpad.net/Translations/LanguagePackSchedule