Re: Opening 12.10 translations

Al 02/08/12 10:08, En/na David Planella ha escrit:
> Al 28/07/12 14:30, En/na Andrej Znidarsic ha escrit:
>>
>> Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things
>> brought together.
>>

>> 2012/7/28 Gabor Kelemen <kelemeng@xxxxxxxx <mailto:kelemeng@xxxxxxxx>>

>>                 - i've settled the gcc template situation.
>>

>>             How?
>>

>>         I've disable gcc 4.4 and 4.5 templates and renamed gcc-4.6 to gcc in
>>         precise.
>>         this template is now sharing translations with 4.7 branch in
>>         quantal.
>>         I've also renamed cpplib-4.6 to cpplib in a similar fashion.
>>

>>     I think you missed it when David said that we should only uncheck
>>     the "Template active" box, but leave the "Include translations..."
>>     one, so that it won't show up in the statistics, but keep shipping
>>     existing translations. Or did he said "disable entirely"? Maybe I'm
>>     wrong here.
>>     Also, I still see them on the +templates page as active.
>>

>> That was my mistake. I wasn't careful and disabled precise instead of
>> quantal. Now I've made both not visible but left "Include in langage
>> packs" checked.
>>

>>         templates from Didier can be safely blocked, so it's all clear.
>>         the only
>>         item to investigate is gnome-font-viewer.
>>

>>     That was split out from gnome-utils, it is currently part of GNOME
>>     3.6. Let it in :).
>>

>> It's in.
>>

>>         i've seen you've done some work in the google docs document and
>>         also did
>>         a lot of ordering. Maybe more detailed guidelines could be
>>         discussed/published on the wiki.
>>

>>     Maybe later, but the
>>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/__Translations/TemplatesPriority
>>     <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/TemplatesPriority> needs a
>>     serious update for sure.
>>

>>         That would be great.
>>         Let me know when you are done with priorities and short word of
>>         notice
>>         for the mailing list and than we can enable this series.
>>

>>     Done. I have messed up the invocation of translations-lp-setpriority
>>     (never forget -c !), so some of the priority changes ended up in
>>     precise - sorry :(.
>>
>>     I'll prepare the announcement mail, and check with pitti about
>>     enabling language pack exports and the like. Soon... :)
>>

>> Sounds good :)
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Andrej
>>
>>     Regards
>>     Gabor Kelemen
>>

> Thanks Andrej and Gabor for your work and leadership with the Quantal
> translations opening.
>
> Here's an update from my side:
>
> - Had a look at the imports queue after Andrej's cleanup, did some
>   blocking of man page imports, it all looks good to me except for
>   a couple of packages with multiple templates (gtk2 and gtk3 versions).
>   While we should look at them, they should not be a blocker for opening
>   translations
> [...]

So KDE language packs will not be shipped in Ubuntu 12.10, and this
means we'll have to disable the KDE templates in Launchpad.

Since it would take a long time to do this manually, I've extended the
ubuntu-l10n tools to include a script to mass-disable templates, in the
same way we've been doing it for setting up priorities in the past.

This script is now on https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu-l10n-tools and
should be available in a few minutes in the PPA [1].

So I guess the first step will be to create a list of the packages we
want to disable.

Anyone has got any clever ideas on how to determine the list of KDE
source packages/templates to disable?

Cheers,
David.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-translations-coordinators/+archive/ppa/