Re: Telegram group

Hi Yousuf,

On 2021-05-02 11:32, Yousuf 'Jay' Philips wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that I've set up an ubuntu translation
group on telegram if any of you would like to join. I'm hoping to
bridge it with the translators IRC channel if all goes well with the
set up.

https://t.me/UbuntuTranslators

Thanks for your note. What's the purpose with that group?

While I personally think that an additional entry point, where prospective translators are directed to the right people and resources to get started, would be a good thing, that's not exactly what I see in the group so far. I see questions about how things work rather than useful guidance.

Some basics about Ubuntu translation:

* Prospective translators should be pointed at respective translators team at first hand for guidance specific to their language. The way FOSS translation is organized differs between the different translators teams.

https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/ubuntu-translators/

* Ubuntu bugs affecting translations should be reported as such:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations

* The central place for information and discussion about Ubuntu translation is this mailing list: