ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu troubles (Fwd from Moderation)

Team,

I was sent the following:

Hi Chris,
> my name is Logan and I am a newer Linux user but am trying my hardest to
> learn more about everything having to do with the OS and my computer in
> general. I believe I made an awful mistake in setting a default proxy
> during
> the setup of Ubuntu and this has in turn botched some websites which demand
> flash and certain java scripts. Whenever I try to alter my proxy while
> using
> the Ubuntu command, sudo does not let me enter my password (or anything
> else
> for that matter). I do not know what I did wrong and would like to know if
> you have any advice.
>
> Thanks from Ocala,
>
> Logan

I have never had a need to set a proxy, but I don't know how that would
affect the ability to sudo.

Anyone have any advice? Other then re-install without these settings?

Logan,

Welcome to the Florida Team! Hopefully you can check out more about the team
on Launchpad <https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-us-florida> We also have Florida
Team Forums <http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=225> where you can
post issues like what you are now experiencing (the benefit of posting stuff
like this to the forum is sharing the solution). Not that you can't also
mail the list, but your quoted e-mail was actually trapped in the Florida
Team's Mailing List spam filter. If you would like for your mail to be sent
straight to the team, you need to subscribe to the Mailing List and use the
subscription e-mail address to e-mail with or else it will go to moderation.

A lot of us hang out in #ubuntu-us-fl on irc.freenode.net, you can also go
there and ask questions and find out more on what we have planned as a team!

Talk with you soon,

Chris Crisafulli
itnet7 / #ubuntu-us-fl / irc.freenode.net
Florida Team Lead

Follow ups