Re: Ohio Linux

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Jordan McCollum <grymtooth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, with that much taken care of, next order of business...
> Inventory/swag/other...
>
> I contacted S76 last night, will see what the reply is when it comes...
>
> I believe someone has some boxes of 10.04 Official cds, can we get an

Me

> approximate number of those and what types (i.e. 150 32bit desktop, 100
> 64bit server, 50 kubuntu 32bit desktops, etc; no need to piece count, just a
> rough idea)?

I've taken about 15 Ubuntu 1 Kubuntu and 1 Server disk so far for Uni
stuff. I'll make sure the rest are for OLF. This is out of an
allocation of about 200 Desktop, 75 / 75 Kubuntu / Server. IIRC.

> Paul: Are we getting more swag (t-shirts, hats, stickers, etc) from
> Canonical again, if we are do we know who will be receiving/responsible for
> those items?

I have to do it. I'll put in a request for a conf pack.

> And someone should still have shirts, cds, etc from last year, do you still

Zerhack. He said he would get them to me right after OLF last year,
still no word. Count these out.

> have those, and can you confirm attending this year. If not, we should
> figure out a way to get them to someone who is attending.
>
> I know there are still several people who "don't know if they are attending
> or not yet", and that's fine, I'd just like to start getting things ready
> for those that are confirmed.
>
> Next, for those bringing items, I would prefer to have contingency/back-up
> plans in case of emergencies. I would like to have these in place at least 2

Yes. Absolut. Last year was a mess

> weeks before the event. I'm not trying to blame or anything, or shame
> anyone; I just want to make sure that everyone and everything is covered. I
> understand that things happen, and can happen quickly (considering I am a
> dad, husband, etc, I've been there), the show is still happening and I felt
> bad for the attendees since we had no cds or anything last year.

Uch. Don't remind me.

> TODO:
>
> Register/pay for booth
> Official CDs

Check

> Power Strip

Check

> Canonical Swag (shirts, hats, stickers, etc)

In progress

> Demos/Demo Units (would someone like to make a looping video or
> OOoPresentation to show off 10.04 or 10.10 Alpha features?)

I can try and get something together. Jacob: Do you still have stuff
from last year you can update?

> Banner/logos

In progress

> Back-up plans for bringing items

ToDo

> Who will man the booth (This can wait until end of August)

I'm in the pool.