Re: Check-in

On 06/22/2010 02:07 PM, Jacob Peddicord wrote:
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:11 PM, John Kennedy<jakenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
OK, newbie here; what a "GPG signing"?
You can find a lot of info on it here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KeySigningParty

Basically, GPG keys are used frequently online, especially in the free
software world, to verify your identity. If you've even seen an email
seemingly-random characters at the end, then the sender is using their
GPG key to sign their message. Others can verify this signature
against that person's public key to verify that it really was them who
signed it.
An important aspect of the key itself is how trusted it is. You can
make your key more trustworthy by getting it "signed" by others in
person to verify your identity. That's the point of these signing
parties.

Sounds like something that I would want to do. Since I'll be at OLF, as usual, I'll see what I need to do.

John

--
Registered Linux User #507182
Registered Ubuntu User #31054