Needing to step-up and lack of interest!!!

Paul, Michael and the Ubuntu Ohio LoCo Team and Community,

I read what you said and I agree with most of it (see below message),
but... I have made clear my interest and intentions regarding this
matter. But some of the blame need to be placed at the feet of the
current powers that be and the processes already in place.
I have ask questions and have gotten messages from several people
telling me what I need to do... But no help or support on how to do
things!!! This is suppose to be a community project but it seem like the
left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and everyone is
cryptic and unwilling to give a moment of their time to truly help
someone else, where is the community.

i.e. I'm told to place my message about myself in the forum, but not
told that it takes different credentials then Launchpad, OK I can live
with that, wasted a lot time but oh well its worth it. Then I'm told to
send my info out as a mailer to everyone, so I do that. Then my messages
is removed from the forum and I'm told we are going to do it in Wiki,
since some only read the forums and some only read mail ?????? if some
only read mail and some only do forums, what makes you think they all do
Wiki??? shouldn't all bass be covered and the information gotten out to
everyone, and not just left to chance?. So I go there and find the
information but then I'm unable to post, even though I'm signed in...
its not allowing post, wow what a surprise that was. Its makes it
difficult to participate in this community, let alone help when no one
seems willing to help you even getting to know your way around.

But as for needing to STEP UP!!!
I have been trying and getting no help along the way, no support that
isn't cryptic, now chastised that no one seems interested.... Here is a
clue for you. How about keeping everyone in the loop, provide
information that is needed, when it is needed and support to those who
ask for it. Someone asks me a question I go for the lowest common
denominator i.e, have you ever used a forum before?..... and then
information that is helpful and useful to that situation.

To breed a culture of support and growth then it needs to be
demonstrated by those who are already there. Yes its a pain in the butt
sometimes to hold the hand of a newbie and walk them through something
step by step. But as a business owner I know that this method works and
in the end I have and educated and grateful end user and a client for
life that know that I am there and will support them.

There is no stupid questions and no matter the utopian dream is... the
simple truth is not everyone will be on the same page at the same time
and that there will always be those who need help.

As for the Ubuntu community in Ohio to grow we need to foster that, be
there to assist those who skill sets are below ours and let them know
that we are here to help them. We are the stewards of Ubuntu, and our
job is to evangelize the word of Ubuntu and to teach others who may have
spent a lifetime chained to MicroSquishie and other bloat software that
want a change, to let them know that there is a better way. But that
will not happen if we stay inside our servers walls and expect everyone
else to learn and understand and be a part of something when we are to
good to dirty our hands and give a little of our time and talents. They
will not leave the comfort of what they know.

If we the bold vanguard doesn't support or help others in a clean and
understandable way, then this cause is done for and the great powers of
the computer world wins and... WE ALL LOSE.

Michael Yutzy
President & CEO
Creative Webtec LLC.

On Mon 10/18/10 7:22 PM , Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Michael Gilbert
    <michael.s.gilbert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Hey everybody,
    >
    > So we were supposed to have a vote yesterday, but lacking any
useful
    > debate, I think doing that right now would be asinine.  If the

    Yeah, I held off on the email. I am 100% with you

    > candidates are actually really interested in this position, then
they
    > need to step up and demonstrate a basic ability to communicate.
I've
    > only seen one meaningful email so far, and right now, I'm planning
    > "write in" paultag, but I don't think he would like that.

    It's not that I would not like it, it's just that we need new blood.
    I've done my job, and now it's time for someone else to take the
team
    in the direction where they feel it needs to go.

    So far, I'm not happy with the answers of *where* the team should go

    > Well, anyway, I would still like to this thing happen.  Lets hear
    > something, *anything* from the candidates.  Pretty please, with a
    > cherry on top?

    C'mon guys! Me too! Let's hear your "Platform"!

    > Thanks,
    > Gilbert

    -Paul

    --
    All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

    #define sizeof(x) rand()
    :wq