Re: Ubuntu 10.10 on an Asus Eee 1001P

10.04 is a LTS  --- Long Term Service

You know, when I boot into a Microsoft OS with this box I happen not to have
these problems, so, yes, it is different.---- I have issues with windows boxes all the time. Then again, I also work for the DoD (Dept. of Defense) and we use modified Windows XP/Vista.. depending on the classification. We are having trouble just trying to get extended desktop to function properly on two monitors via DVI cables.

And, you know, maybe if I spent a lot of time getting up to date again with
all this, I might be able to help fix it. But here in my real world, I have
deadlines to make and a paycheck to earn.  --- We all have deadlines to make and a paycheck to earn. I realize that not all of us have extra time on our hands..with families and etc.
thats the great thing about these groups. We are here to collaborate and help the fellow linux user. Not all of us are guru's. I know my way around linux fairly well. Do i claim to be an expert? no.. i do not.

I did a bit of research for you Joseph.. and it looks like it IS going to be a bit before bugs are fixed for your particular system. However, (and guys dont hate me for saying this) I helped start up a lil distro (ubuntu based) and am a founding member and tester for Jolicloud. It is the ONLY distro other than mandriva (ICK!) that works with my 1105HA Eeepc due to my graphics card.

try that out for starters. if all else fails, i have been TOLD...by reading online that if you do a normal install of the LTS 10.04 and do a dist-upgrade... then it seems to work ok with the 1001. If you havent tried it via update..sometimes that helps at least it has for me in the past.

Best of Luck mate. and ill keep my eyes open for anything new for ya..

Regards,

Patrick