Re: Tons of Emails / Google Groups

Cheri,

I sent a followup e-mail with the link to the Columbus Google Group
URL. I'll include it here again.

http://groups.google.com/group/ohio-ubuntu-columbus-reloco

This is what I would consider a good message to send out-- to the
Ubuntu list to remind people about the Google Group (especially to get
newer members to join). I did send reminders out to the LoCo list at
least once a month reminding people to join the list. Then all
internal business can be held within that where members can decide on
day-to-day operations, outreach, etc... The C-bus Google Group
currently has 23 members (Thanks to Mr. Gould who just signed up).
Most everyone from Columbus who participates in the threads in this
list are currently on that one as well.

Gilbert is the man running the show in central Ohio now (last I
checked), so the majority of e-mails coming in from that group will
come from him, and recently it's just been reminders about Ubuntu Hour
stuff. We used the Google Group to initially set up times, dates, and
places for Ubuntu Hour, and as was stated in previous e-mails, the
consensus was to have it on campus. The majority of the people (at the
time) who were the most active were those who attended/worked for Ohio
State or other schools in the area. We also determined it a great
place because, though--yes-- you have to pay, it's only $1/hour.
Ubuntu Hour only lasts an hour. $1 every two weeks didn't (again, at
the time) seem like a ludicrous amount of cash monies.